Monday, April 13, 2009

Memory Triggers

The first day the puppies spent the afternoon at my Dad’s house.  We introduced both of them to water and while both took well to it, Dasha definitely made it her home.  She kept returning to the kiddie pool for a second and third dip. 

It was cute watching my Dad interact with the puppies.  The pure joy that they brought to the day was just amazing.  Everyone was having the time of their lives both puppies and people alike.

The puppies ride extremely well in the car and fell asleep in our laps on the ride to and from my Dads.  Diesel rode in Daddy’s lap on the way over and in mine on the way back.  I held him like a newborn with his head resting on my heart while I cupped his little puppy feet in my hands.  I think he could feel me breath because he seemed to rest well.  Dasha slept across the crook of Daddy’s arm on the way back and snuggled up against his chest.  It’s so neat getting to spend time with them at this age.  They have their fair share of mischievous moments but overall they are good natured and listen well.

“Mastering the walk” will definitely take some time.  Whenever we put the leash on them they shut down and decided enough was enough.

Things Dasha loves to do:

  • Chew on her brother
  • Whine (alot!) because she misses her Mama and Daddy
  • Eat leaves and sticks and everything else she can get her mouth on (including old carpet pieces in the backyard!)
  • Bark at the ferrets
  • Grab Diesel by the tail and attempt to pull him around
  • Hang out in the water

Things Diesel loves to do:

  • Chew on his sister!
  • Sleep right on top of us (Diesel tends to want to touch someone at all times when he goes to sleep)
  • Sleep under the couch
  • Grab his toys and hide them anywhere and everywhere he can (He isn’t big on sharing)
  • Chase Ranger (the ferret)
  • Eat leaves and sticks (I think he learned that from Dasha lol)

003

006

016

026

041

057

060

062

No comments:

Post a Comment